Saturday 25 August 2012

Siena V Torino Preview

Two teams who begin the season with point deductions meet on the opening day of the season, and both sides will believe they have a good chance to start the campaign with a victory.

Torino will be without new signing Alessio Cerci who is suspended, so that should give Gianluca Sansone an opportunity to make a debut. Giampiero Ventura will have to decide whether he goes with Matteo Brighi or Giuseppe Vives to partner Alessandro Gazzi in central midfield, or he could choose to play all three players in a 4-3-3 formation. Captain Rolando Bianchi is almost certain to start upfront after his two goals against Lecce in the Coppa Italia, and if Ventura lines up in his preferred 4-4-2 line up, he should be partnered by Riccardo Meggiorini.

Opponents Siena will be looking at this game as an opportunity to immediately halve their six point deduction, that was given to them as punishment for their role in the CalcioScommese scandal. Their coach Serse Cosmi is one the most recognisable figures in Italian football, and he will be hoping to get his reign off to a good start.

Prediction
Siena 1-1 Torino

5 comments:

  1. Hey man!

    I'm from the Netherlands and have always had some kind of special 'click' with Torino. Since begin last season I decided to follow the club more seriously and saw them promote to the Serie A.

    Here in the Netherlands there are not (that I am aware of) many Torino fans. So I found it nice to find your blog! Finally a site that's not Italian where it's possible to discuss about Granata. I've checked out the links to to forums you have on the right side of the site, but they aren't very active. I'll follow your blog with pleasure and share my opinions in the comments.

    About Siena - Torino, I think it's going to be a difficult match, since Siena is extra motivated to get their points back and theyre playing at home. But Torino will be aware of that, so I think it will be very exciting!

    greetings Tomas
    Forza Toro

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tomas, its always good to hear from a fellow Toro fan - what team do you support in the Netherlands?

    Yeh I tried to create an English Torino forum, but it wasn't very successful :) Hopefully though,now we are back in Serie A we can get people talking about Torino again.

    I think it will be a hard match, Atalanta had a similar points deduction last season and used that to motivate them and they had a great campaign. I think we probably have the better team, but anything can happen on the opening game.

    Feel free to enter the Torino FC prediction game here - http://torino-football-club.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/torino-fc-prediction-game.html

    And if you want to watch the match, this will probably be the easiest and most reliable way to do so as it is listed on Bet365 - http://www.football-italia.net/node/23751 -(it should hopefully work in the Netherlands)

    Forza Torino
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be a fan of FC Utrecht, my home place club. But I begun losing interests in the Dutch Eredivisie.

      I'll join your prediction game, where do you want me to comment my predictions?

      The bet365 site isn't meant for Dutch people, I tried cheating it so I joined as somebody from the Nethelands Antilles, but now I need to deposit money to be able to see the Live stream, which I can not do as a Dutchman haha. I'll stay at the normal streams I can find on the internet ;).

      Delete
  4. Prediction
    Siena 1-1 Torino

    ReplyDelete