Sunday 27 July 2014

Going to a Match

If you are ever in Turin and fancy going to watch a game, you can find all the details that you will need below.

Stadium
Torino play their home games at the Stadio Olimpico, that was newly renovated in 2006 for the Winter Olympics in the city. From Porta Nuova train station you reach the stadium via the #4 tram until Filadelfia, or from Porta Susa station catch the #10 tram until Sebastopoli.

Tickets
Despite having a relatively modest capacity of 27,958, the Granata rarely sell out for home games, so their should be no problem in getting a ticket. The best atmosphere in the stadium is in the Curva Maratona which is where you will find the most passionate Torino fans. There are a number of places where you can purchase tickets around the city, but for convenience I usually buy my ticket at the stadium box office a couple of days before the match. Remember to take your passport when purchasing tickets and also when going to the game.

If you ever have any more questions, please don't hesitate contacting me either via the website or on Twitter (@TorinoBlogger).

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I love the site. I lived in Turin for 2 years and fell in love with Torino FC and their amazing history.
    Anyway, on the 19th I am returning back t turin with girlfriend and her parents and all of us want to go to the game. We are playing Inter. Can we purchase tickets before hand to make sure we have them?
    Plus her mum and dad, are quite elderly, so we want to have some good seats,comfortable etc, do they have a hospitality section?
    Any advice would be great. my email is joe2412@hotmail.com
    Cheers
    David

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hi would you mind sharing which blog platform you're working with? I'm looking to start my own blog soon but I'm having a difficult time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique. P.S Sorry for being off-topic but I had to ask! sign in hotmail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rob,
    Having married into a Toro supporting family and naturally taking them on as my second team - i'm looking to go to the Molineux leg of the Europa cup tie.

    Do you have any advice on how the away ticketing for European matches works? Would love to be in the away end for the game.

    Cheers
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps. email is c.knight1210@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete